Françoise Léon, Ph

Tasting, Consulting and Supervision, specialized in taste, eating disorders in children, adolescents and adults




Independant Researcher and Experienced Psychologist, I specialize in the sense of taste and eating behaviour in children, teenagers and adults.

I was awarded my PhD in Cognitive Sciences from the University Pierre et Marie Curie in 1998.

I conducted research on the methods of assessing food preferences in children. I subsequently worked as a trainer and consultant focusing on sensory development and food choices, especially in children. I worked for different companies or institutions in France and abroad for ten years.

After getting my University Diploma in The Obesity of Children and Adolescents (Paris 6) and being trained in 2010 by the Groupe de Réflexion sur l’Obésité et le Surpoids (Thinking Group on Obesity and Overweight) in adults, I opened my private practice in Paris in 2008, where I worked as a psychotherapist until July 2021. In 2014, I treated patients from the Centre de Consultation Nutrition et Psychothérapies in Geneva. In 2015, I got my University Diploma on Motivational and Behavioural Cognitive Therapy applied to addictions (Paris 7). From 2012, I ran Therapeutic Patient Education workshops in the Pôle Santé Paris 13. I was trained to become an instructor in mindfulness by Zindel Segal and Lucio Bizzini in 2017.

Skills Areas

  • Tasting
  • Eating behaviour in children, adolescents and adults
  • Weight gain
  • Eating disorders
  • Psychological disorders (Anxiety, low self esteem, depression…)
  • Cognitive restriction (see tab on being over excess weight and obesity)
  • Eating sensations (hunger, cravings, satiety)
  • Emotions, pleasures of eating
  • The body and physical activity
  • Taste development during life
  • Food preferences
  • Therapeutic Patient Education
  • Mindfulness


interview tete au carre Françoise LéonFrance Inter Radio: "La tête au carré" presented by Mathieu Vidard November 3rd 2009 

"Comment goûtons-nous?"  (How do we taste?)